Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Human is the primary package that you need to play Bloodlines and role-play a human in Second Life.
You can purchase the Human at the following locations in Second Life, from the main vendor in the Bloodlines store: Liquid Designs, Liquid East, and Liquid Frontier. After purchasing the Human, you will be delivered a crate. To open the crate, you must rez it in-world by dragging it from your inventory to the ground. Then, you can left-click on it to unpack it in your inventory. When you unpack it, you will find the following items:
- Heads-Up Display (HUD)
- Bite Marks
- Claw Wound
- Stat Viewer
Heads-Up Display (HUD)Edit
Your HUD is what you will primarily use to play Bloodlines. It contains tools, settings, and buttons that you can use to control your claws and interact with other players. To use your HUD, find it in your inventory, right-click on it, and select 'wear'. By default, it attaches to the bottom left position, but you can attach it to any HUD position. You should see it appear in the lower left of your screen.
- Wound / Marks Texture: This vertical row of buttons allows you to change the texture on your bite marks or claw wounds. The choices are: Fresh, Trickling, Scabbing, Scarred.
- Follow: This button allows you to select an avatar that you wish to devotedly follow around. Once selected, you will be pulled in whatever direction the selected avatar moves.
- Tattoo: If you are wearing your marks or wounds, and wish to change them to your clan tattoo texture, click this button. If your clan leader does not have "The Insignia", then clicking this button will load the default tattoo, a skull with fangs.
- List Length: set the maximum number of names to show on your radar. This can be between 1 and 16 names.
- Scan Mode: set the format of the stats to Text or Web. In text mode, when you press the stats button on the info window on the HUD, the target avatar's stats will be printed in local chat. In web mode, it will open up their web profile on slbloodlines.com.
- Scan Type: set scanner type to 'Full', or 'Lite'. The Full scanner includes clickable names, and displays stats on nearby avatars. The Lite scanner is the 'old' scanner, that only shows the names of nearby avatars, and can be used while the HUD is collapsed.
- Help: load this Help page.
- Stat Reload: reload your stat viewer and your metric bar on your HUD.
- Account: manage your account on slbloodlines.com.
- Gender: set gender to male or female. This is only used for gender-specific titles like King or Queen.
- Offer Mode: set your bite or claw offers to Bloodlines mode or Free mode. In Bloodlines mode, attacks will transfer Vital Blood or Humanity from you to your attacker. In Free mode, the animation will play, but no metrics will be transferred.
- Animation: open the animation menu, see Animation, below.
- Guild: open the guild options menu, see Guild, below.
- Anim Type: if you have added custom animations to your wounds or marks, this allows you to select which animation you want to play. See 'Adding Custom Animations', below.
- Height: set the height for the default animation. This can be set to "Shorter", "Same" or "Taller". So, if your avatar is very tall, select "Taller". If your avatar is shorter on average, select "Shorter". This only affects the default attack animation.
- Anim On / Off: show or hide animations. If animations are off, metrics can still be transferred, but the attack animations will not play.
- Radar: this button expands and collapses your radar list that shows information about nearby avatars, and their status in the Bloodlines system. The possible statuses are:
- Fresh: this is someone who has never been bitten. If you can attack them, you can get their soul!
- Limbo: this person has been bitten before, but has not joined Bloodlines. If you want to get their soul, they need to drink the Wormwood potion. If you attack them after they drink the Wormwood potion, and then they join Bloodlines, you will get their soul.
- Registered Bloodlines player: registered Bloodlines players are represented by a symbol that indicates their status.
- Unknown: If someone shows 'unknown', they may be wearing a garlic necklace, or may have been banned.
- Destroyed: if someone is destroyed, they have let their Lumens drop to zero, and have lost all of their souls. Try offering them some lumens and see if they want to join your pack!
- Radar also shows soul status. There are four possible soul statuses:
- Held: this soul currently belongs to someone.
- Fresh: this soul is new.
- Limbo: this soul has been claimed with a attack, but has not been transferred yet. It can be rescued with the wormwood potion.
- Abyss: this soul has been lost to the abyss. If this avatar drinks the Hemlock potion, and then you attack them, you can retrieve their soul.
- Web Stats: gives you a link to open your web profile on slbloodlines.com
- Guild: various guild options
- Resist Liege: if you have been previously terrored or glamoured by your liege, this will break the hold they have on you.
- Ban Minion: remove a minion from your minion list, and ban them so they cannot re-liege to you.
- Unban Minion: remove a minion from your ban list.
- View Bans: view a list of the names of avatars banned from your minion list.
- Set Liege: Set another avatar as your liege. This is how you join a pack, by setting any member of that pack as your liege. Selecting this option will give you the option of selecting someone nearby, or typing in their name. If you select 'Nearby', you'll be given a list of names of nearby avatars to choose from. If you select 'Type Name', you will have to chat their name on channel 444 by typing /444 Firstname Lastname in local chat. Once you do this, you will be in the selected avatar's pack.
- Set Guild: If you want to be a guild leader, this lets you set the name of your guild. If you have set another avatar as your liege, then your guild name will be the same as their guild name. You can change your guild name at any time, as long as it isn't already taken, and all members of your guild will be set to this name.
- Free Minion: remove a minion from your minion list, without banning them. They will be able to set you as their liege again if they want.
- Text Stats: reports your stats to you in local chat. This is a reliable way to check your stats. It is possible for stat viewers and radar to be out of sync with the server, or not 100% up to date all the time. However, the stats that you get on your web profile or from using this button will always be correct. You can also use this button to get the text stats of those around you.
- Haunts: gives you a menu to select Haunts from, which are Bloodlines-friendly places in Second Life. You can go to the Bloodlines sims from this button, get a list of random haunts, or get a link to browse haunts on the Bloodlines website.
- Offer Lumens: The moon button allows you to offer yourself for a Lycan claw attack.
- Offer Blood: The droplet button allows you to offer yourself for a Vampire fang attack.
Humanity Bar: The green bar running along the bottom of the HUD allows you to see a representation of how much humanity you have left.
The Claw Wounds are copy. If you're wearing the Claw Wounds when you are attacked, blood will squirt out of the wound. In addition to using the HUD, you can click the Wound to change the scarring texture.
The Bite Marks are copy. If you're wearing the Marks when you are attacked, blood will squirt out of them. In addition to using the HUD, you can click the Marks to change the scarring texture.
Your stat viewer gives you and others around you a visual indication of your Bloodlines stats. By default, it attaches to your stomach. (This is so it doesn't move around too much when you walk.) But, you can attach it to any attachment point you like. It will show your generation, pack name, status, and your metric values like humanity, Vital Blood, or Lumens.
Adding Custom AnimationsEdit
You can add custom attack animations to your Marks and Wounds that will play when you offer attacks to others. Custom animations should come in pairs, one animation for the attacker, and one animation for the victim. The animations should be named like this: myanimationname_attacker, myanimationname_victim, where 'myanimationname' is the name of the animation, this can be anything. Whatever you put in 'myanimationname' will show up in the animation menu for selecting custom animations, under Animation > Anim Type. To load your claws with custom animations:
- Wear your Marks or Wounds or rez them on the ground.
- Right-click them and select 'edit'. If you're doing this while wearing them, you will need to cam around to the front of your face by holding down the alt key, clicking on your avatar, and dragging until you see the front of your avatar. It can help to stand your avatar on the included pose stand.
- After selecting 'edit', the build window will appear. Click on the 'Content' tab of the build window. This will show the inventory of the claws.
- Find the animations in your inventory, and drag them into the content window. Now you should be able to select the animations you put in the Marks or Wounds by pressing the animation button on your HUD, and selecting 'Anim Type'.